Coffee and Kickoffs: Puppy Chow
Puppy Chow, Muddy Buddies, Chocolate Chex - whatever you might call it, it's delicious. It's hard to go wrong with chocolate, butter, peanut butter and sugar. While there are numerous variations on this sweet treat, the classic combo is definitely our favorite. We took this recipe to the next level by incorporating strongly brewed Angel's Share coffee. This adds a layer of depth that pairs nicely with the chocolate and peanut butter combo. Based on how quickly this disappeared on tasting day, we recommend making a double batch!
CLICK HERE to purchase your bag of Angel's Share & don't forget to use the code 'SBWEEK17' at checkout for 15% off of your purchase! Code valid until 11:59 pm MST Thursday February 2, 2017.
- 5 cups Corn Chex cereal
- 1 1/2 cups strongly brewed Angel's Share coffee
- 2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup smooth peanut butter
- 1/4 cup salted butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- Optional: 2 tbsp finely ground Angel's Share coffee
- In a medium microwavable bowl, combine the chocolate chips, butter, and peanut butter. Microwave for 45 seconds, stir, and microwave for another 30 seconds.
- Stir in the brewed coffee and vanilla.
- In a large bowl, combine the corn cereal and chocolate mixture.
- Once the cereal is completely coated with the chocolate mixture, transfer to a gallon plastic bag with a zip closure. Pour the powdered sugar into the bag, close, and shake until the cereal pieces are covered in powdered sugar.
- Optional: Add the finely ground Angel's Share coffee with the powdered sugar for an even stronger coffee flavor.